We all need to define ourselves. We need to find out who we are and why we live
our lives this way. We need to find an identity for ourselves...
One way is to find a group, and try to be a part of it. In this case, the person looses his independency, even without his own understanding. He tries to be more and more dissolved in the group. In this case, he, his acts, his believes, and everything about him has a definition. His face fades gradually... and one day you know that without knowing him personally, you know him thoroughly!
I remember a conversation in my favorite book, Immortality, where a lady shouts
that she hates hot showers... This is another way. In this case, a person may even join a group, in order to be different from all the people who are not a part of that group. Then again, he can try to be different with subgroups inside the same group, and so on... Till he'll be the only one. Then only he can believe that he is unique in this world.
But what exactly happens to him is a tragedy. Listen to this one, the one that I can see is very common...
He needs to be an intellectual let's say. Till now it's O.K. Then he has to be in topmost of this group, to be different. It means that he will not be able of enjoying something (even if it is joyful), that was enjoyed by 100 people yesterday, but is enjoyed by 1000 people today. How can he have something in common with 1000 people? In order to be different, he has to humiliate it. He needs to be in a rush to maintain his "being different". For him, the beauty looses it's meaning. Instead the number of fans matters. And the real tragedy is that he himself is not aware of it. The real tragedy is that he can never believe he is unique and special in any case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Maral,
First of all thanks for everything. I would like to note that I'm really impressed by your prompt reaction to my post, as I don't write here regularly!
About being unique... yes, I believe in that also... But I don't know how much I am dissolved in the idea...
Post a Comment