Monday, February 19, 2007

The key

I remember I never used to open the door by my key. I always preferred my
mother to open the door for me. It was like I could feel the warmth of
"home". I always liked it when we had guests. The days we had someone
over, I felt even the sunshine is different. Those days our home was
even more "home". For two years and a half, I loved Tuesdays , because
my sister in law and my nephew used to com to our house. I would finish
my work and rushed back for lunch, which used to bebaghalipolo or ghormesabzi most of the times. My cousins used to come on Tuesdays
also. After my brother left Iran, my cousins still used to come on
Tuesdays... I liked it the very short time you used to open the door
for me... Those days were the days I could feel happy.

It's a long time I have not had such Tuesdays... It's a long time you have not opened the door for me...

I drive back home, knowing no one waits for me. I take out the key, and open the door to a cold, dark, empty house.

I wish you were here.

1 comment:

Zenith said...

hahahahaha! I had camouflaged you in "you"!