Going to a beauty shop, has always been both fun and pain for me. In Iran, it is fun because you would see a live fashion show, new designs of cell phones, jeans, tops, piercings, styles of talking and so on. At the same time it is a pain in the neck since you have to wait for a long long time, and the person who gives you the service is not very polite. She makes you feel that she is a very important person, and you have been honored that she is doing your eyebrows, hair, nails, or whatever with her. She behaves as if she is a surgeon going to operate you faulty heart! The worse part is that she tries her best to make you believe that you are ugly, and you will be beautiful if you take an extra service from her. With no fault, I have heard at least one of these sentences during one session: "Your hair color makes you look old, I would dye it in a beautiful brighter shade, and you'll look gorgeous." or "Who has done your eyebrows the previous time? It is awful. You take another appointment for next week and I see what I can do" or "why don't you take a facial? Your skin doesn't look healthy" and so on...
In India, it is fun, because of the long massage that you get for every service, no matter what! But it is difficult because you have to be careful that the provider doesn't clean your face with the dirty towel she has just taken from the floor, or has cleaned your feet with!
Why I have written all these is because of a quite different experience I had here. I went for a hair cut, and the hair dresser treated me well. She listened what I'd like to be done, and did exactly the same! Moreover she commented me for my beautiful healthy hair! And the most unbelievable part was that she admired the work of the person who had permed my hair! Could you believe that?!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment