Saturday, October 13, 2007

In the memory of my father

I can't believe that he is gone... even after one year... Now there is only one thing that connects me to that land, and it's his grave...

I don't want to remember last year, but today it's inevitable... Last year at this time, I had my ticket and the permission to leave. My ex-husband came with me to Iran, and I was like Rantanplan (Boushweg) the dog of lucky Luke thinking how kind he is. I didn't know that he is using my father as a cover to see his former girlfriend who has come for a visit to Iran.

Some memories are recorded in your mind, like a movie... You can play them and replay them and... I was on the escalator in the airport, I saw my grandmother, my aunts and cousins, mu uncle, all had come to pick me up... they were all in black... I couldn't see my mother, and my ex-husband was singing "come to the window little darling" and I wanted to shout "SHUT UP!" I said I should not cry... and indeed I didn't... I remember I hugged my crying cousin and told her to be calm... I was boht zade... then we went to his grave, they had already buried him. I even couldn't say goodbye to him for the last time... and what kills me is that I even don't remember clearly the last time I saw him...

If I want to write about him, the first thing I can write is that he was a peaceful man. He taught me to be a strong woman. Since I was very little, he used to tell me that I should study and be independent. That I have to be strong to be able to survive in a country where there is not much space for women. My career was really important to him. I remember that he didn't cry when he lost his mother, but when I was accepted for my masters degree, he shed tears... How I wish I could tell you that the winner of this year's Nobel prize in Chemistry is a collaborator of my advisor here... He really wished me to be successful... Rest in peace Baba jan...

4 comments:

ali said...

والا من حس می کنم کامنت گذاشتن برای چنین پستی کار درستی نیست. ولی نمی تونم اینو نگم که امشب بیشتر از هر شبی در عجبم از این اینترنت که چطوری غم شمایی که تقریباً نمی شناسم رو می‌تونه به من منتقل می‌کنه. امشب واقعاً حس کردم که غم ها حتی اگر مشترک نباشه، آدم ها رو به هم نزدیک میکنه. خوش حالم که می نویسید حتی از ناراحتی هاتون. :)

Anonymous said...

my deep condolence for what has happened to you...i am sure he is proud of having such a successful daughter...
i wish you a healthy,happy and successful life...
i am adding your blog to my Blogroll list...
take care

Anonymous said...

nazanin,
yaghinan jaashoon khoobe!
heyf ke hozooreshoon ro az maa darigh kardan,vali yaghinan jaashoon khoobe...shyadam alan daran ba ham gap mizanan...

haminghadr khoob ke aroom raft,as peaceful as he lived.

be strong,as always.

Zenith said...

kheili kheili kheili az hamdarditun mamnunam:)