He asked me, why do you spend so much time reading blogs!
I was surprised.
- Do I?
- Yes!
- Well, see there are not many free newspapers, so I read these journalists blogs to know what is going on!
- But you read many blogs about people's personal lives also.
- Do I?
- Yes!
- Why do you people write blogs so much?
- You mean you don't?
- Not that much, if one goes on a trip, will write a blog about it, but not like you.
I thought about it.
I think - this is only what I think and hence does not mean to be correct!, we, I mean my generation who was brought up in Iran, has always had problems to express himself. Since very early ages, we were well taught of the role we had to play at school. Hiding the personal lives that we had at home, and showing a face, a mask, that could fit the narrow minds of our moral teachers.
We were taught by our parents not to share home secrets (from what we wear at our family gatherings, to how we think about big issues in life) even with our close friends. After 5 years of living outside Iran, I am still afraid to say I am an atheist, or I drink. I go to the Persian restaurant over here, and I am afraid of the Iranian guy there, because of my off knee skirt. Maybe other people also have some similar feelings like me. If so, we can feel safe expressing myself anonymously in a "fazaye majazi". So, this is how we can communicate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment