Monday, September 10, 2007

How would you train more soldiers?

I was resting when my friend called to ask me go to a movie with her. She loves Clive Owen (that I didn't know!), and she wanted to watch this stupid action movie just to see this handsome guy! I thought why not, it's not bad to hang out! Getting ready was as easy as taking a shower, and wearing something warm so that I don't freeze in the cinema!

The movie, Shut Em Up, was even worse than what I expected! Laws of physics were very flexible, the skills of the superhero were extra extraordinary, and so on. Like a man who can both make love and kill several people and protect the girlfriend at the same time! Even his erection must be heroic! It reminded me of the book Farbod had given me. That how Hollywood suggests a copy of MAN that simply cannot exist and how much this puts pressure on men. It's same for women of course.

These are not new. Bu what really frightens me is the fact that they are joking with killing. I don't like to hear people laugh when someone is killed in a tough way in the movie. Only because instead of a knife, there is a carrot in his eyes down to hi brain. In this movie, the super hero kills many people with only a carrot! This makes people laugh... and it worries me... Isn't the world going crazy enough? Don't we have anyting better to show? Isn't it making "KILLING" a joke, a laughable thing?

No comments: